I want to create a whole new page with just recipes, and I googled it, and well it seems hard. So, if anyone has an easy way to do this in WordPress please share! Maybe I’m just tired and it seems harder than it is. Anywho…here are two recipes from Dr. Fuhrman’s book Eat to Live that I made today and both are yummy!
Black Bean Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or 1 (15oz) can no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons no-salt seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 clove garlic chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- dash paprika for garnish
Blend all the ingredients together except paprika in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add more seasoning to taste. Add more water to achieve the desired consistency. Garnish with paprika.
Cesar Salad Dressing/Dip
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy, hemp, or almond milk
- 1/3 cup raw cashew butter, or 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- dash black pepper
Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Break the garlic cloves apart, leaving on papery skins. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until mushy. When cool, remove the skins and blend with the remaining ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender until creamy and smooth.
*Now, ain’t nobody got time to be roasting garlic. So, I used minced garlic and it got the job done.